senses Unit 2
Touching and feeling The
Teaching Aims: 1. Use adjectives to describe how things feel 2. Use imperatives to give simple instructions 3. Use wh-questions to find out how things feel 4. Use wh-questions to find out specific information 5. Use formulaic expressions to express agreement with someone
1. Using wh-questions to find out how things feel. 2. Using adjectives to describe how things feel. 3. Using wh-question to find out specific information. 4. Using formulaic expressions to express agreement with someone
Key Points: 1. Using the key words correctly in context 2. Use adjectives to describe how things feel 3. Use wh-questions to find out how things feel 4. Understanding the main idea of a story
1. Use wh-questions to find out how things feel 2. Writing the key sentences correctly 3. Understanding the main idea of a story. 4. Read the story aloud with the appropriate pronunciation and intonation Teaching Process: Procedure Contents Methods Warming up 1. Song Pre-task
2. Blends procedure 3. Daily talk
Show the 1.
Have the students look at the picture for pictures and ‘Read a story’
on page 8 of the Student’s listen to the Book while they listen to the recording. You story may ask them some questions to check their understanding.
- Where are Supergail and Superdog? While-task
- Is Superdog hungry? procedure
- Look! What’s that?
- How doe it feel? 2.
Have the students read the story by themselves and do ‘True or false’. Then check the answers with them.
Role-play Post-task activities 1.
Have the students role-play the story in groups of three. Then divide several groups to act it out in front of the class. 2.
Divide the class into groups of three. Ask the students to make a similar dialogue following ‘Read a story’. Encourage them to use the key patterns they have learnt.
Complete the 1.
Have the students complete the following passage passage according to the story.
Supergirl and Superdog are on the _____. They are _____. There is a _____ over there. They see some _____ in it. The _____ is too _____. They don’t like it. They like the _____ pies. They’re _____ and _____.
Listen to the tape and read page 8 Assignment Writing on the blackboard: Unit 2
Touching and feeling
On the Moon
hungry - supermarket - food - feel - Moon bread - hard
pie - soft and nice - ten