Do you want to watch a game show? Section A 1 (1a-2d)
1) 能掌握以下单词：sitcom, news, soap, educational, plan, hope, find out, discussion, stand, happen, may, expect
① What do you want to watch?
② What do you think of talk shows?
I can’t stand them.
I don’t mind them.
⑤ I like/love them. / I don’t like them.
Ⅰ. Warming up Show some pictures of different kinds of TV programs, then practice the sentence: What do you think of…?
Ⅱ. Language points and new words
What do / does sb. think of ...? 与How do / does sb. like ...?同义，用来询问对某事物或某人的观点或看法，意为“某人认为……怎么样？”；
回答时可用love, like, not mind, not like, not stand等来表达对某事物或某人的好恶程度。
e.g. —What do you think of soap operas? = How do you like soap operas? —I don’t mind them.
1) What does Linda think of your new friend? (改为同义句)
_________ Linda ____ your new friend? 2) Dale doesn’t mind soap operas. (对划线部分提问)
__________ Dale _________ soap operas? sitcom
soap opera 肥皂剧
1. 引导学生们看1a中的图片，根据提示依次说出每一部TV Show的名称。
1. talk show ___
2. soap opera ___
3. sports show ___
4. sitcom ___ 5. game show ___
6. talent show ___
7. news ___ 3. Check the answers with the Ss.
1. T: Tell Ss to read the shows in the box. Make sure they know the meaning of the shows.
2. Play the recording for the Ss to listen and number the shows1-4.
1b Listen and number the shows [1-4] in the order you hear them.
__ talent show
__ talk show
__ soccer game
3. Play the recording again.
Listen again and answer the questions. Remember the questions first. 1) What does Mark plan to do later? 2) What does Jack think of talk shows? 3) Does Jack like the news? 4) What does Jack think of talent shows? 5) Does Mark want to watch the soccer game at 5:00? How about Jack? 4. Play the once more. Check the answers with the Ss.
Ⅴ. Pair work
1. Let Ss look at the pictures in the box. Then explain the meaning of each expression to the Ss.
2. Let Ss read the conversation after the teacher. Then let Ss make their own conversation using the shows and expressions in the box.
1c Practice the conversation. Then make your own conversations. A: What do you want to watch? B: What do you think of talk shows? A: They’re OK. I don’t mind them.
B: Then let’s watch a talk show.
3. Let some pairs ask and answer about the shows.
A: What do you want to watch? B: What do you think of
sports shows? …
Work on 2a:
1. Look at the picture and answer the questions. 1) Where are they? What are they doing? 2) What are they probably talking about?
2. Read the shows in the box of 2a. Tell Ss to remember the information.
____ news___ game shows
____ talk shows
___ soap operas
2. Play the recording for the Ss to listen and number the TV shows [1-5].
Listen to Lin Hui and Sally’s conversation. Number the TV shows [1-5] in the order you hear them.
____ news___ game shows
____ talk shows
___ soap operas
3. Play the recording again to check the answers.
Work on 2b:
Listen again. Complete the sentences.
1) Sally likes to watch _______________________. 2) Lin Hui thinks she can learn ______ ___________ from sitcoms.
3) Sally thinks ___________ are more educational than sitcoms. 4) Sally loves __________. She plans to watch Days of Our Past _______.
1. Let Ss read the sentences below. Explain some main sentences for the Ss. Make sure they know what to do.
2. Play the recording for the Ss to write the correct words in the blanks.
3. Play the recording again to check the answers.
4. Listen once more then answer the questions. 1)What does Lin Hui think of sitcoms? 2) Does Sally like sitcoms? Why? 3) What kind of TV shows does Sally like? 4) What does Sally think of soap operas? 5) What does Sally plan to watch tonight? Ⅶ. Pair work
1. Tell Ss ask and answer questions about the TV shows in 2a. They can use the information that is true for them.
2. Let Ss read conversation after the teacher.
A: Do you plan to watch the news tonight?
B: Yes. I like watching the news. I watch it every night.
B: Because I hope to find out what’s going on around the world.
3. Explain some main points for the Ss.
4. Ss act the conversation in pairs. Ask some pairs to act out their conversations.
1. Read the conversations and match the persons with their favourite shows.
a. game shows and sports shows b. soap operas
c. news and talk shows
③ Grace’s classmates
2. Read the conversation and answer the questions. 1) What are Grace and Sarah talking about? 2) What does Grace think of game shows and sports shows? 4) What does Grace think of soap operas? What does Sarah think of them? 5) What are Sarah’s favorite TV shows? Why does Grace think of them?
3. Explain some new words and main points in the conversation.
4. Fill in the blanks according to the conversation. Sarah had a discussion about TV shows in class. Her classmates ____ game
shows and_____________, but Grace can’t ______ them. She ______soap operas.
She likes ________(follow) the story and see what ________ next. Sarah doesn’t
______soap operas, and her _______TV shows are the news and talk shows.
They may not be very exciting, but you can _______ to learn a lot from them. 5. Read the conversation after the teacher.
6. Practice the conversation with the partners. Then let some pairs to act out the conversation.
IX. Language points 1.
Sally thinks game shows are more educational than sitcoms. educational
education (教育) + al →
e.g. I think this movie is the most educational.
2. She plans to watch Days of Our Past tonight. plan
e.g. What’s your trip plan?
v. 打算; 计划
plan to do sth. 计划/打算做某事
e.g. We plan to have a birthday party for Mary.
We must _______________ this sports meeting. 2) 你打算去农场吗？
Do you ____________ to the farm? 3. Because I hope to find out what’s going on around the world.
e.g. Don’t lose your hope!
hope to do sth.
(能实现的理想) hope + that从句，其中that可以省略
e.g. They hope to take the plane to Beijing next year.
(指通过调查、研究等方式查明事情的真相) find 意为“找到；发现”，强调动作的结果。
e.g. Did they find out where the old man
Mr. Li found his lost keys in the library.
4. We had a discussion about TV shows.
n. 讨论; 商量
discuss (讨论) + ion→
discussion e.g. Let’s discuss who is the best performer.
Did you have a discussion about the food and drinks?
5. Oh, I can’t stand them.
v. 忍受; 站立
e.g. Look! Who is standing under the tree? 看，谁在树下站着？
e.g. How can you stand him? 你怎么能忍受得了他？
My father can’t stand action movies. 我爸爸受不了动作电影。
6. I like to follow the story and see what happens next. happen v. 发生; 出现
+ happen +（状语）”句式。e.g. The story happened in 2007. 故事发生在2007年。
7. Well, they may not be very exciting, but you can expect to learn a lot from them. may
也许; 可以; 可能
“may + 动词原形”一起构成句子的谓语。
e.g. You may go by bike or take the subway.
expect to do sth.
expect sb. to do sth.
e.g. Jack expects to visit his grandparents this weekend.
X. Summary ____________ (电视)竞赛节目 talk show _____________ ________________
soccer game ______________ ___________ 体育节目 talent show _____________
What do you think of talk shows?
I don't mind them. I can't stand them. XI. Exercises Ⅰ. 根据语境及所给首字母提示，补全所缺单词。
1. My father watches the n on TV every day so that he can know what's going on around the world. 2. —What do you p to do this Saturday, Amy? —I'll go to the countryside to visit my grandma. 3. —This weekend I'll go to visit Green Farm with my family. —I h you'll have a good time there. 4. This story is so boring that I can't s it. Ⅱ. 根据句意及括号内所给单词的提示填空。
1. A funny thing ________(happen) in the office yesterday. 2. These kids had an enjoyable and ________(education) day. 3. Just now Jim and I had a ________(discuss) about how to make model planes. 4. I didn't expect him ________(stay) so long. Ⅲ. 根据对话内容，从方框中选择恰当的选项补全对话，其中有两项多余。
A: Hey, Mike! (1)________ B: Kung Fu Panda 3. Did you watch it last weekend? A: Yes, I did. B: (2)________ A: It's boring. B: Boring? I think it's a great movie. I love it. A: (3)________ It's too boring. B: (4)________ A: The sitcom. B: (5)________ A: Some funny stories. A. What do you think of it?
B. Why don't you like it? C. But I can't stand it. D. What did you and Lisa talk about? E. How often do you watch it? F. Well, what do you like watching? G. What can you learn from it? 答案：
Ⅰ. 1. news
4. stand Ⅱ. 1. happened
4. to stay Ⅲ. 1-5 DACFG XII. Homework 用下列词组来造句：
(1) plan to …
(2) hope to…
(3) find out…
(4) can’t stand…
(5) sth. happen
(6) expect to …
Section A 2 (Grammar Focus-3c) 一、教学目标：
2）进行一步复习巩固运用Section A 部分所学的生词和词组。
1. Have a dictation of the new words learned in the last class.
2. Ask and answer questions about the different shows.
What do you think of news?
I can’t stand it. / I like it. / I don’t mind it. I…
3. Role-play the conversation in 2d.
Ⅱ. Grammar focus
1. 学生阅读Grammar Focus中的句子，然后做填空练习。
Do you want to ______ ___ _____? 2) 是的，我想看。/ 不，我不想看。
Yes, I do. / No, I don’t. 3) 你计划今晚上看什么节目？
_____ do you _____ ___ watch tonight? 4) 我计划看《我们过去的时代》。
I _____ ____ watch Days of Our Past.
What can you ______ __ ______ from sitcoms?
You can ______ some great _____.
Why do you like _________ ___ ______? 8) 因为我希望了解在世界各地发生了什么事情。
Because I _____ ___ _____ ____ what’s going on around the world. 9) 你觉得访谈节目怎么样？
What do you think of ____ ______? 10) 我不介意看。/我不能忍受。/ 我喜欢看。
I don’t ______ them. / I _____ ______
them. / I ____ ________ them! 2. 学生们根据记忆，看大屏幕来完成填空练习。
1. Do you _____________ the news? 2. What can you _____________ from sitcoms? 3. What do you ______________ tonight? 4. I _____________ Days of Our Past. 5. Because I ________________ what is going on outside. 上面例子中主要行为动词后面的动词都采用了“to + 动词原形”的结构，即动词不定式（有时可不带to）。
David wants to study in the USA. 【温馨提示】
目前学过的可跟带to的不定式作宾语的动词有like, love, want, hope, wish, expect, decide, try, plan, forget, remember, start, ask, help, need, learn, seem。
带to的不定式和what, which, who, where, when, how等疑问词连用，在句中起名词的作用，也可以作宾语。如：
I know how to make cakes. Bob doesn't know where to go tomorrow. Practice 根据汉语意思完成英语句子，每空一词。
My brother ______________ ___ _____ yesterday. 2. 她父母打算一周锻炼五次。
Her parents _____ ___ ________ five times a week. 3. 那个小男孩想买一个新玩具。
The little boy _____ ___ _______ a new toy.
1. We only planned _____ the play for an hour, but in the end, we stayed for three hours. (2017天津)
C. to watch
2. Vivian refuses ______ her children to the weekend training centre for extra classes. (2017上海)
A. to send
D. sends 3. – Jack, why have you decided _____ Chinese fold music as a course?
– To learn more about Chinese culture. (2017苏州)
D. to take IV. New words joke
comedy V. Practice
Work on 3a:
Make a conversation and then practice it with a partner.
A: What do you plan to watch on TV tonight? B: I hope to _________________, but I also want to _________________. How about you? Do you _____________ a talk show or ___________? A: Oh, I want to ________________.
1. Tell Ss to read the conversation in 3a and try to fill in the blanks with right words.
Work on 3b:
Answer these questions. Give answers that are true for you. 1) What do you think of game shows?
_____________________________ 2) What comedy shows do you like to watch?
_____________________________ 3) Do you plan to watch a sports show tonight?
_____________________________ 4) What can you expect to learn from the news?
________________________________ 1. 让学生们阅读表格中的问题，明白每个问题的意思。
Word on 3c: Ask your classmates questions and write their names in the chart.
Find someone who …
wants to watch a movie hopes to watch a sitcom expects to watch the news plans to watch a sports show Students’ names
never wants to watch a game show 1. 让一名学生读表格中的内容。并告诉学生们本学习活动的要求。
1. Do you want to watch the news? 2. What do you plan to watch tonight? 3. What can you expect to learn from sitcoms? VII. Exercises I. 根据句意及括号内所给单词的提示填空。
1. They’re expecting __________(hear) from Jane.
2. Mike hopes __________(get) a model plane on his fifth birthday. 3. They plan __________(arrive) some time after three. 4. I want to travel because I enjoy __________(see) new places. 5. Jane decided __________(go) to Australia for her holiday. II. 用下列词组来造句。
1. want to …
2. expect to …
3. hope to …
4. plan to …
5. find out
Dear Anna, How are you? I'm busy (1)________(study) for my exam, but I want (2)________(take) a break (休息). Reading so many notes and learning so many facts is making me very tired. I can't wait (3)________(finish) my course! Then, I can start (4)________(look) for a good job. Alice started her new job last month. She likes (5)________(work) at the hospital. She hopes (6)________(stay) in this job for some years and then she plans (7)________(try) for a promotion (提升). By the way, I forgot (8)________(ask) you about your driving test. Did you pass it? Anyway, I have to (9)________(go) now. Write soon and (10)________(tell) me all your news.
Yours, Jill VIII. Homework What do your family members want to watch?
My mother likes sitcom. She thinks they’re
Finish your report. My father doesn’t like soap operas. He loves watching news. He
expects to …
My brother likes …, because …
My sister likes …
My grandma doesn’t like …
My grandpa loves …
Section B 1 1a-1d
1) 能掌握以下单词：meaningless, action, action movie, cartoon, culture
I like to watch action movies because they’re exciting.
John wants to watch talk shows because they’re enjoyable.
Ⅰ. Revision 看图, 根据所给的单词和短语完成句子。(动词不定式)
Ⅱ. Warming up
T: Show some movies or shows on the big screen.
Let Ss discuss about them. Ask and answer what they think of them.
III. Brainstorming List words related to the entertainment. What kind of movie do you like? What do you think of it? Ⅲ. New words
Present some new words.
Ⅳ.Work on 1a
What do you think of these TV shows and movies? Choose words from the box and write them under the pictures. Each picture can have more than one word. educational
1. Work with your partners. Ask and answer about the movies or shows.
2. Let Ss talk about the movies or shows with the words in 1a.
3. Let some pairs ask and answer in front of the class.
Work on 1b:
1. Listen then answer the question. What did John and Mary decide to watch finally? 2. Listen and circle the description words you hear in the box in 1a.
boring 3. Tell Ss to listen and circle the description words you hear in the box in 1a.
4. Play the recording for the Ss. Ss just listen for the first time. Play the recording again and circle the words.
5. Play the recording and check the answers with the Ss.
Work on 1c:
Listen again. Write down the words John and Mary use to describe the TV shows or movies.
John Mary Game shows
1. T: Now please look at the chart in 1c. What do John and Mary think of the movies or shows? You'll listen to the tape again. Then try to fill in the blanks.
2. Ss listen to the recording carefully and try to fill in the blanks.
3. Play the recording again and check the answers with the class.
Ⅵ. Talking 1d
Tell your partner what John and Mary like to watch and why. Then tell your partner what you like to watch and why. John wants to watch talk shows because they’re enjoyable. I like to watch action movies because they’re exciting.
Ⅶ. Summary action movie 动作影片
How about something exciting…
I think those movies are so meaningless. I want to watch something relaxing…
I think they’re boring.
I think they’re wonderful. VIII. Exercises
1. No one told worse _________(joke) than Linda. 2. Buddies In India (《大闹天竺》) is a good _________(comedy). 3. We dislike this soap opera because it's _________(meaning). 4. —What kind of movies do you like, Mike? —_________(act) movies. 5. My brother's favorite _________(cartoon) are Tom and Jerry and Big Head Son and Small Head Dad. X. Homework
Write a passage to tell what your family like to watch and why.
Section B 2 2a-2e
culture, famous, appear, become, rich, successful, might, main, reason, film, unlucky, lose, ready, be ready to, character, guy
① One of the main reasons is that Mickey was like a common man.
However, he was always ready to try his best. ③
People today expect to see more than just a little mouse fighting bad guys. 2. 情感态度价值观目标：
Ⅰ. Revision Tell your partner what you like to watch and why.
A: What kind of movies or TV shows do you like? B: I like to watch … because they’re ... Do you like …?
A: I think they’re ... And I want to watch … because they’re
Ⅱ. Warming up
T: Show some movies or shows on the big screen.
Let Ss discuss about them. Ask and answer what they think of them. III. Pair work
Discuss the following questions with a partner. Do you like to watch cartoons?
What’s your favorite cartoon? Why do you like it? Do you like Mickey Mouse? How much do you know about Mickey Mouse? Ⅲ. Reading
Look at the photo and guess what the passage may talk about.
This passage may talk about Disneyland or Mickey Mouse.
1. Introduce something about Disney. Read the passage and find the main idea of the passage. 1) Mickey Mouse, a famous symbol in American culture
2) Some Cartoons with Mickey Mouse 3) Disney theme parks around the world 4) What people think of cartoons 2. Read the passage and make T or F. ( )1. Mickey Mouse is a symbol of American culture. ( )2. Steamboat Willie is the first cartoon with sound and music. ( )3. In his early films, Mickey was lucky that he had a house. ( )4. Mickey became very hot on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1988. 3. Read the passage carefully and complete the blanks.
Work on 2b. Read the passage and complete the time line.
T: Do you like to watch cartoons? Do you know Mickey Mouse?
Today we’ll learn a passage about Mickey Mouse.
Let Ss read the passage quickly and complete the time line on next page.
Ss read the passage quickly and complete the time line on next page.
Check the answers with the Ss.
4. Work on 2c.
Read the passage again and fill in the facts about Mickey.
What does he Who created What look like? him? his was Who is his Why is he first girlfriend? popular? cartoon?
First, let’s read the questions in the chart. Make sure all the students know the meaning of the questions. Then read the passage again and find the answers to the questions.
Ss read carefully and try to find the answers to the questions.
Check the answers with the class.
5. Work on 2d Read the passage again and discuss the questions with a partner.
1) What is Mickey Mouse a symbol of? What cartoon character is a symbol of Chinese culture?
Do you think Walt Disney is a smart man? Why or why not? Do you want to be like him? 3) Why did people want to be like Mickey? Do you want to be like Mickey? Why or why not?
4) Can you think of another cartoon character that is as famous as Mickey? Why is the character popular? T: Read the passage again. This time you should discuss the questions with a partner.
Let some Ss talk about their answers.
Ⅳ. Language points 1. meaningless adj.
名词meaning (意思) + 后缀less (无, 没有) →
e.g. My dad doesn’t like soap operas. He thinks they’re meaningless.
2. When people say “culture”, we think of art and history. culture
e.g. China has a long history and culture. 中国有着悠久的历史和文化。
3. But one very famous symbol in American culture is a cartoon. famous adj. 著名的; 出名的
e.g. Jacky Cheung is a famous singer.
be famous for意为“因为……而出名”。当主语是人时，常表示某人以某一技能或特点而出名；当主语是地点名词时，常表示某地以某一名胜古迹或特产而出名。
The writer is famous for her novels. Beijing is famous for the Great Wall. be famous as意为“作为……而出名”。当主语是人时，常表示某人以某一身份、职业等出名；当主语是地点名词时，常表示某地作为某一特产产地而出名。如：
Her mother is famous as a singer. My hometown is famous as a green tea producing place. 【运用】
根据句意选用be famous for或be famous
1) My father ______________ a writer.
2) France ________________ its fine food and wine.
4. …he first appeared in the cartoon Steamboat Willie.
e.g. A bus appeared around the corner.
1) 当那个演员出现的时候, 我们都站起来鼓掌。
5. He became very rich and successful. become v.
e.g. It became really hot in the afternoon.
success + ful →
e.g. He is a successful basketball player.
1) We all think the movie is a ________.
2) Mary thinks that the man is a _________ actor. 6. Some people might ask how this cartoon animal became so popular. might
e.g. The old man might be 70 years old. 那位老人可能有70岁了。
7. One of the main reasons is that Mickey was like a common man…
e.g. Who’s the main character in the film?
n. 原因; 理由
e.g. What is the reason for it?
e.g. Jack is a common man.
8. Mickey was unlucky and had many problems such as losing his house or girlfriend, Minnie. unlucky
前缀(un) + lucky (幸运的) →
e.g. She’s unlucky — she never wins a game.
e.g. I lost my keys.
I hope we won’t lose the basketball match tomorrow.
9. However, he was always ready to try his best.
此句中的always表示一种长期的行为,和形容词ready连用, 构成短语always ready to do sth., 表示“总是准备好做某事; 随时随地可以从事某事”。
e.g. She was always ready to listen to my problem.
英语中try one’s best 是一种固定表达方式, 表示“尽力; 竭尽全力”的意思。
e.g. He didn’t try his best in the game, I’m afraid.
10. Today’s cartoons are usually not so simple as little Mickey Mouse, but everyone still knows and loves him.
not so…as 结构表示“不像
e.g. It wasn’t so good as last time.
It’s not so easy as you’d think.
Ⅴ. Speaking and Writing Underline the following phrases in the passage. Write your own sentences or questions using the phrases. think of ___________________________ come out __________________________ one of the main reasons _____________ such as ___________________________ was ready to ______________________ try his best _______________________ Ⅵ. Summary _____________ 出版
_____________ 想到；想起 cartoon with sound and music
________________________________ in the 1930s ________________________ _____________________ 主要原因之一
_______________________ 总是准备好做某事；总是乐意 / 愿意做某事
1. A big dog ________(出现) in front of me and I got a surprise. 2. Jeff is only interested in American ________(电影). 3. Last week Mrs. Black ________(丢失) her cat and she was very sad. 4. Ten years later, that boy ________(变成) a great musician. 5. The ________(主要的) thing is not to worry. Ⅱ. 根据句意，从方框中选择恰当的单词填空，有的需要变换形式。
famous, might, lucky, simple, reason 1. Jerry is a(n) ________ boy. When he was three, his mother died. 2. I brought him some sandwiches because I thought he ________ be hungry. 3. Many ________ people studied here, such as Newton and Darwin. 4. Give me your ________ for arriving late again. 5. This camera is very ________ to use. Ⅲ. 根据汉语意思完成英语句子，每空一词(含缩略形式)。
This boy ________ ________ ________ to look after his sick mother. 2. 比尔从小就乐于助人。
Bill ________ ________ ________ help others when he was young. 3. 这张光盘是什么时候发行的？
When ________ this CD ________ ________? 4. 这个卡通人物不像米老鼠那样受欢迎。
This cartoon character ________ ________ ________ ________ Mickey Mouse. 5. 当你面对任何危险时，都不要害怕。
Don't be afraid when you ________ ________ ________. 答案：
Ⅰ. 1. appeared
2. films / movies
5. main Ⅱ. 1. unlucky
5. simple Ⅲ. 1. tried his best
2. was ready to 3. did; come out
4. isn't as / so popular as 5. face any danger VIII. Homework Remember the words, phrases and sentences in the lesson.
Section B 3 (3a-Self Check)
1) 掌握下列生词: dress up; take sb.’s place, army, do a good job
Ⅰ. Revision Review the main phrases learned yesterday.
(2) 例如________ (3) 发行；出版
_________________ (4) 在二十世纪三十年代
______________ (5) 主要原因之一___________________ (6) 努力做某事
________________ (7) 愿意迅速做某事_______________ (8) 尽最大努力_____________ (9) 不仅仅；不只___________ Fill in the blanks to explain why Mickey is popular.
Some people might ask ____ this cartoon animal became so popular.
_____________________ is that Mickey was like a common man, but he always
_______face any danger. In his early films, Mickey was unlucky and had many
problems _______losing his house or girlfriend. However, he _______________
to __________. He is a ______ of American culture. Ⅱ. Warming up Ask some questions about Mulan. Let the Ss think and answer the questions:
“Do you like cartoons? Do you know Mulan? Can you say anything about it?”
Ss discuss the questions and answer the questions. e.g.
S1: Yes, I do. Mulan didn’t have any brothers. She took his father’s place to fight in the army.
S2: Mulan dressed up like a boy. Nobody knew she was a girl in the army.
Ⅲ. New words
1. dress up
e.g. The girls dressed up to take part in the party. 女孩子们打扮起来去参加舞会。
2. take one’s place 代替; 替换
e.g. A robot will take his place. 一名机器人将代替他的位置。
n. 陆军; 陆军部队
e.g. My brother joined the army last year.
4. do a good job
e.g. I hope you’ll do a good job in the company.
Work on 3a. Fill in the blanks in the movie review. Use the words in the box to help you.
plan Mulan is an ________ ______ movie. It ___________ an old Chinese story. The movie is ______ a village girl, Mulan. She dresses up like a boy and takes her father’s place to fight in the army. I think the actress _______ Mulan’s role well.
The other actors are also _________ and they did a good job in the movie. I _____ Mulan very much. The movie _______ her love for her family, friends and country. If you ______ to watch a movie this weekend and you ______ to see something enjoyable, choose Mulan! 1. Read the article about Mulan. Fill in the blanks in the movie review. Use the words in the box to help you.
3. Ss read the article and try to fill in the blanks.
4. Check the answers with the Ss. Ⅴ.Writing
Work on 3b:
1. Think about your favorite movies. Write notes for your own movie review.
2. Give some examples to the Ss.
The name of the movie:
The kind of the movie: ______
What the movie is about?
_______________________________________________________ What you think of the movie/star?
3. Ss try to think about their favorite movies. Write notes for their own movie review.
4. Try to fill in the blanks.
Work on 3c:
1. Write about your movie review using the notes in 3b.
4. Let some Ss read their passage to the class.
Ⅵ. Pair work 1. Read the kinds of shows or movies in the chart in 4. Ask and answer about them with a partner. Write the answers in the chart.
2. Give Ss some examples:
S1: What do you think of soap operas?
S2: I think they’re boring. What about you?
S1: Well, I don’t like them, either.
3. Ss ask and answer with their partners and try to fill in the chart.
4. At last, write a short report about your ideas and your partner’s.
VII. Summary __________________ 干得好
fight in the army _________________ VIII. Self check
Work on Self check 1:
Fill in the blanks with the superlative forms of the words in the box.
1) A: ______________________________
(what / think of / soap operas)
B: ___________________ (can’t stand)
2) A: ______________________________ (what show/ want to watch / tonight)
(talent show) 3) A: ______________________________ (what / expect to learn / game show)
B: ______________________________ (interesting information) 4) A: ______________________________ (what / hope to watch / tomorrow)
(news) 5) A: ______________________________ (do / plan to watch / action movie)
(no / plan to watch / comedy) Work on Self check 2
Tell Ss to read the statements below. Then think about them. Which of the statements they agree. Check (√). Check (×) if they disagree. Give at least one reason.
1) I think game shows are meaningless. (
2) I can’t stand soap operas. (
3) I think sitcoms and talent shows are relaxing. (
) 4) I love talk shows. (
5) I think comedies are fantastic. (
IX. Exercises Ⅰ. 根据汉语意思及括号内所给英文提示语，将下列句子翻译成英语。
1. 你期望从肥皂剧中学到什么？ (expect) ___________________________________ 2. 凯特(Kate)昨天打扮得像个男孩。 (dress up) ___________________________________ 3. 谁能替我完成这项工作？ (take sb.'s place) ___________________________________ 4. 你们在这场足球比赛中表现很好。 (do a good job) ___________________________________ 5. 她演花木兰演得很好。 (role) ___________________________________ Ⅱ. 根据短文内容，从方框中选择恰当的单词或短语填空，有的需要变换形式。
come out, main, be ready to, cartoon, simple, find out, successful, reason Hey, friends! Let me introduce (介绍) three (1)________ to you.
The first one is Magic Brush (《神笔》). It (2)________ in 1955. It describes a poor boy called Ma Liang. He loves painting. He always uses his magic brush to fight against bad people in the village.
The second cartoon is Baby Tadpoles (蝌蚪) Look for Their Mother. The story is very (3)________. A group of tadpoles try their best to (4)________ who their mother is.
The third cartoon is The Monkey King, from the Chinese novel (小说) Journey to the West. It's the (5)________ of the three cartoons. Sun Wukong is the (6)________ character in this cartoon. Both Chinese and many people from other countries like him. Why is he popular? One of the main (7)________ is that he is not a common man. He (8)________ help others. And he can do all kinds of things to fight against bad people. 答案：
Ⅰ. 1. What do you expect to learn from soap operas? 2. Kate dressed up like a boy yesterday. 3. Who can take my place to finish the work? 4. You did a good job in the soccer game.
5. She played Mulan's role well. Ⅱ. 1. cartoons
2. came out
4. find out 5. most successful
8. is ready to X. Homework
Write your movie review using the notes in 3b.